View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
Perrella
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzwanned View Post
Something is wrong with my little girl. Last night I heard a commotion between her, Teddy and London. I heard Teddy barking and thought they were all playing, then noticed London & Livie were fighting over something one of them had found. I was running to go break it up and before i did Livie was screaming with her head back. She finally stopped screaming and returned to normal..i thought London had hurt her or something. I watched her after that for a while and she had returned to herself, walking, eating, etc but was a little skiddish. Well this morning, Livie was on the bed with me and when i woke up she let out a loud scream, peed on the bed and got super stiff on her side. She is stable now and we are on our way to the vet but her appointment is not until another hour. Was wondering if anyone has any inout on what it can be. It appears to be something with her neck. She is very stiff, doesn't want to walk around, is just laying down and doesn't seem to want to move her head. I hate seeing her like this. I'm sure we are going to get x-rays done, i just have no idea how she could have gotten hurt like that in 2 seconds. I'm in pain when she is in pain..I'm sure you all know how it goes when your little one is hurt. Any input on what i should ask the vet would be great. I don't know if it's her neck or back or something else.
Oh honey, I KNOW exactly what you are going through. My Zhoie was diagnosed with AAI the end of Nov. We took her to NCSU on Dec. 1st and they did a successful sugery on Dec. 4th. I found out from a Neuro in Leesburg Va (who ripped me off for an MRI at $1800) it was AAI on Thurs., I did intense research over the weekend and we took off for North Carolina State Vet school on Tues. We went in through the ER so she would be referred to the Neuro team ASAP. We arrived there at 3:00 AM they kept her stable in the ER the rest of the night. At 8:00 AM we were referred over ther Neuro. It was a whirlwind of tests, spinal tap..all was clear and she underwent the surgery on Thurs. She stayed in 24hrs care until Sunday and we were able to travel back to WV with her (8hrs one way), but I'm here to tell you....Vet Schools cannot be beat. The surgeons skill and technology is amazing.

Here is a list of the top vet schools, please consider one of them.
Best Veterinary Medicine Programs | Top Veterinary Schools | US News Best Graduate Schools

I sent you a message, please call me to talk. I can help you through this.
Hugs to you and your baby.

How old is your girl? NCSU had never worked on one as old as Zhoie, she was going to turn 3 yrs Jan. 25th, so almost 3. It's generally found by a year old in puppies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!