View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #68
btytler83
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie's mom View Post

Also, I'm not sure anyone else has mentioned this, as I did not read every post; but please be cautious when looking for her "real" owner. Make them identify her with something only her owner would know. A physical attribute, perhaps. Some people's motives for wanting to 'adopt' a yorkie are not honorable. They see 'designer dog = $$", or might even sell to dog fights as bait dog. SO HORRIFIC.

Anyway, thank you for rescuing and giving her a forever home!
I have been asking for pictures. I have had one person that sent me a picture and this clearly wasn't her dog but she kept making excuses why she might look different. I got a really bad feeling about her and ended all contact with her. The humane society says I only have to look for her owner for 30 days until I can concider her mine but I think I'm going to wait 3 months. I have talked to a few people looking for their dogs that have been missing for a couple months. It doesn't feel right to just look for 30 days. I would miss this little girl if her owner is found but if I had been her owner and lost her I would be heart broken.
btytler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!