View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
Rescuemomma
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
But that's no fun either. It's like saying your kids don't need friends because they have a sibling to play with at home.

I take Kaji with me everywhere, shopping, vacations, family outings, movies..... We encounter lots of other dogs and people. Kaji gets along with all the pups we meet and we get compliments on how well behaved he is and how nice he interacts with dogs of all sizes. I understand not everyone does this, but this is the benefit to him visiting dog parks or doggy daycare. Too bad I don't have a dog park or day care facility I like to take him too. At the moment we do play dates with my friends and their pups. It makes him so happy!
That's exactly my attitude! I think it's important for dogs to learn proper behavior and be comfortable around other dogs. Benji and Aiyana are almost always with me. My others always get a few outings a week. We go shopping together, parks, events, even some restraunts that have outdoor sitting areas welcome me and my dogs - and I constantly get complimented on their behavior. But that behavior only happens because they are so well socialized! It also makes vet visits far easier and less stressful since my dogs don't go crazy in the waiting room or panic when a tech or vet goes to examine them!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!