View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
soccbydo
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
He must need help expressing his anal glands some dogs do and thats what your vet is going to do from now on. They shouldnt rupture if they are getting expressed. Mine are 6 and never have needed it done so just that one dog needs it done doesnt mean all dogs need it done. Im glad you got to the vet so quickly that had to e scary

Well I certainly will be taking him in when the six to 8 weeks is up. Vet said he will show me how to do it, but I dont want to as he will scream and I would rather someone else inflict pain rather his mommy. He may not want to come to me when he knows my hands will do something to cause him pain. So there is nothing foodwise that can be given to him to prevent this manual expression? The hole in his backside is quite large, its quite a horrible sight to see. Its almost like your belly is rupturing from inside to out, that must have been so painful for the little baby.. Vet said soft food is the cuase of the glands not emptying. But he wont eat the dry food as a full meal, so he is not getting enough nutrients.
soccbydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!