View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Deadbug
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

4 1/2 months is young and for a yorkie, early on to expect a huge success. They are incredibly smart dogs, but can be stubborn. Be patient, he'll get it.

It might be a good idea to start over and restrict his access to the rest of the house. Confine him to one room until he's more reliable.

I'm not a huge fan of crates. In rescue, I only used crates for a heartworm + or injured dog. I'm more of a baby gate/ex pen kinda mommy. Do you have an ex pen? Walmart online has the 6 panel superyard XT for $50. WELL worth the investment and a very versatile contraption! I've used mine as a baby gate for non standard openings as well as a pen. Take some 3 mil plastic and put down as a floor and you're all set! My girls go straight to the ex pen with a pee pad down if they don't do their business outside or (you'll love this) I keep them on a leash tied to me and take them out 10 minutes later. Rinse and repeat until the deed is done. They don't get loose until they're completely empty. It took my new rescue girl 1 week to figure that rule out.
Deadbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!