View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
Treacle
Yorkie Talker

Cry Treacle has lymphosarcoma

Hi all

Not been on here for ages but didnt know where else to turn for support. Treacle went to get her hair clipped and the clipper, also a vet nurse, found a small lump kn her neck. Initially vet thought it due to dental probs and teeth removed, biopsies taken at the same time of all lymph nodes which by this point, a week later, were now huge. On Friday 13th April 2012 we were told by our lovely vet that treacle has very aggressive lymphosarcoma. It is spreading so fast.

We went in to see her to discuss options.

1) milder chemo given iv weekly with oral meds

2) strong chemo given as above but with lots of side affects although more successful

3) prednisolone (steroids) daily as a palliative measure to keep her comfortable with a prognosis of 4-6 weeks!!

Initially we thought about the chemo
And although successful with some dogs giving them 6-12 months longer te vet advised us that her cancer is so aggressive
That even with the strongest chemo the most we could hope for would be max 6 months.
Now treacle HATES the vets, she crys all the way there, goes mad in there, and is in a foul mood after. So a weekly trip to the vet would be distressing, she would be poorly for a few days, and then the same thing would happen every week - just to buy US more time with her.

So after much family discussion we have opted for steroids.
We are in the process if moving home (although quite a way off) to by the sea and we dreamed of daiy walks on the
Beach. So on Saturday wr took her
There for the first and probably last time as it's a few hours away. She had an
Amazing time and we have got some wonderful pics, videos and memories.

I am fortunate to do shift work and my employer had gven me a couple of days leave so I can spend time with her. What makes
It hard at the moment is that he appears so well! She is charging about, eating fine and loving life - but the vet has said to be prepared for a fast spiral. I really cannot remember the last time I cried so
Much. I hug her an wanna squeeze her so I don't forget her warmth and smell, and how much love she has given us. I have seen my husband and 16 year old son cry buckets, never seen this!! :/(.

So guys I really needed to offload to someone who might understand that I feel my child is dying. My husband said
It's like she is in death row and no one has told her.
Out plan is to watch and wait and as soon as her quality of life starts to drop we will arrange to have her suffering ended.

Thanks for listening

A very distraught mummy of treacle puddin who will be 7 on the 22 April. My gorgeous yorkie girl!
Treacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!