Thread: mad house
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinalove View Post
I feel like I am going crazy. Khloe is a puppy and she just wants to play. She is so energetic and sweet. Kirby is 8 years old and she is pouting and growling. She doesn't want to play with Khloe and she growls because Khloe is in her face trying to get her to play. But when Khloe leaves Kirby alone then Kirby wants her to play. The problem is Kirby has been the only dog since she was 6 weeks old and she doesn't know how to play with other dogs. Kirby thinks she is a person. The only time they are peaceful is when they are sleeping. They can sleep side by side. I don't get it. Kirby is not showing any teeth or snapping, but she is growling and she barks when Khloe is jumping up in her face. Kirby has always been such a sweetheart. I feed Kirby first. I greet her first. I still try play and show her attention. I even walk her alone sometimes so she can get some alone time with mommy.

yeah, the older dog is used to being the only one so it will take her some time to adjust especially if she has never interacted with other dogs..
you could try taking them both to a nuetral place such as a dog park when there are no other dogs around or maybe a friends house and let them play in the yard together.
it is tough an older dog to accept a puppy sometimes , it will take time...
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!