View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Tank156
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesteroonie View Post
Can anyone pleasssse help me and give me advice to train my 6 month old male yorkie to use the potty outside.. Chester has been trained to go on his wee wee pads and is really good at always releasing himself there and not around the house.I had gotten Chester in december so with the cold weather i never took him outside to go use the bathroom,instead i trained him to use the wee wee pads indoors in the same spot .So my question is how can i teach Chester to use the bathroom both pee and poop outside,what can i do that spring is here and i want him to start going outside ?Another thing is that Chester has never peed or pooped in public places or outside , it seems as if everytime we take him out he would rather hold it in then to go in public,then once we get home he will quicky do it on his wee wee pad , any clue to why that happens ? please help with any advice i would appreciate it > thank you sooo much

When I got Tank I had the same weather issue, so I also trained him inside but on a grass potty patch. How I transitioned him was, I moved the patch from inside to out porch, so he got used to the outside weather and noises, once I did that a few times I started bringing him outside immediately after meals, and took him to a spot with as little distractions as possible and gave him his potty command, and now he only goes outside...I'm just working on how to get him to give me a sign that he needs to actually go out!! I'm not sure if this helps you at all but it worked for us! Good luck!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!