View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #15
Rachael x
Poppy's Mamma ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
I posted this link on another thread as well. The website is a very good one that is full of dog training advise. The page I am linking you to has many videos concerning issues you can have with dogs. If you scroll almost to the bottom you will see one on fearfulness. Explore the site. It's good stuff.
DSD Training Videos | Dog Star Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
True, We teach positive training in our puppy classes. One thing I would like to suggest is: Walk briskly, right now she may have too much time to look around and begin to worry. Walking quickly, helps her get in travel mode she will begin to look to you for the pace and direction of the walk. Alternate fast walking and slow. Have her, Wait and sit at curbs. Reward her and praise. If she stops on her own, walk in front of her to the end of the leash(a regular, we never train on flex a leash). Squat down and pretend you found something very interesting on the ground. Make loud sniffing sounds and pretend to paw at the ground. When she comes to check it out, give the tiny tasty bite sized treat you have in your hand. Then say in a happy voice, Lets go or what ever cue you use (heel etc.) And get going again. Hope this helps
Thank you
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!