View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
TxVicki
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearestSophie View Post
Sorry if this is somehow the wrong place to post, I'm using an iPod Touch and it's a tad difficult to navigate with this.

My Yorkie, Sophie, just turned 11 on April fools day. When she was 9 she had her uterus removed due to an awful infection, she has an enlarged heart, lots of issues. She's a strong little lady.

The issue is she's panting excessively. Last night my father got arrested, my dog clearly got stressed since she began to pant heavily. Before I get the comment; SHE CANNOT BE TAKEN TO THE VET. My mother and I are both disabled, my father was our source of income. We have no money, no car, we can't drive, we have no cell phone, no home phone, barely any food and only a little time left for our Internet.

After the police came, Sophie was panting heavily and would not stop. Her body was very warm, so I offered her some water and dripped a little water on her; she ended up stopping. She also has a possible UTI...she's swollen and cries if she's touched there ( we cleaned her privates today ).

The next day ( today ) she was still panting. She'll pant heavily, slowly, stop, repeat. She's now laying next to me getting her belly rubbed, still panting. Her body is very warm. Her ears are very warm, she's warmer than usual. I'm terrified to lose her and I have no idea what to do... Does anyone have any advice? I'm also sorry if I'm not making too much sense, I'm overwhelmed... We also do not have a thermometer, so I can't take her temperature.
You NEED to find some way to get this baby to the Vet. I do pray she will be Ok.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!