View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
GeorgiesMomma
I love TBCG!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki+2 View Post
To make the situation even more fun and exciting, Sugar was also diagnosed with a double ear infection while we were there about his leg. This was a huge surprise because his ears look perfectly healthy to the naked eye and have no smell and hadn't seem to be bothering him at all. I only mentioned his ears to the vet because a few times when he was yelping he would act like he was going to scratch at his right ear. I assumed he was trying to figure out what to do with his painful leg. So he's also being treated for that. He whimpers when I put the drops in so a part of me wonders if some of his crying isn't due to his ear which I have to treat for two weeks. Before Thursday he had not shown ANY signs of ear problems and his ears look perfectly healthy.
Awe poor Sugar I think you might be right the yelping might be from the ear infection. Our Boxer has constant ear issues (and she yelps when she scratches too) and I have found a simple remedy probiotic plain yogurt in her food twice a day. She gets 2 tsp because she is 75 lbs but Georgie gets it too and we give him just a little. Since we have been giving her the yogurt her ears are so much better. Hope Sugar feels better soon.

Read About Georgie's Experience with Atlantoaxial Instability (AAI) Here!
GeorgiesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!