View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #15
heide210
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley_ View Post
You're not alone....I am currently sitting on my bed...which is a mattress on the floor.

I never really liked my bed frame and all it was was a stand (ie no headboard or anything fancy), so it wasn't a big loss for me....but when Somi was diagnosed with LP all the high things went away that couldn't be blocked off. She is a BIG jumper so she would dive off the bed and not use the steps if she felt like it (usually when she was too excited). So now we sleep on the floor.

I have a platform bed with drawers picked out that I am going to rig to be steps all the way around. [Pull out the drawers enough and put a piece of wood to make it a cabinet type thing with lid instead of drawer, and then the platform then the mattress] So with the steps all the way around she will be much less likely to try to jump all the way off. Once she is all the way healed and my wallet is all the way healed from her surgery we will be getting that bed or something similar.

I LOVE this forum in that I am not alone in my crazy yorkie-ness!
I knew I was not crazy...lol My bedroom is pretty ugly looking now that my frame is gone.I really liked my frame,but the bed was up way to high.

I hope your Somi recovers soon.What grade was she?
heide210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!