View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
ArchiesMommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

[QUOTE=Patti;3878100]Welcome and how wonderful that you rescued the little guy. I have an elderly male that was a rescue that a friend adopted then a year later had a stroke so I took Nikki. He also appeared to be abused and neglected. I had to have all his teeth removed and that helped him eat more. Nikki is on canned food for his kidney disease and because he has no teeth. I do feed him some kibble and he does fine with it. I use California Natural canned but there are many good wet foods like Wellness, Canadae to name a few. If he is badly matted you may want to have him professionally groomed and see if he needs to be shaved down. If he isn't too badly matted using a good detangler and a pin brush may get them out. It helps to just comb him for a short time each day until he gets use to it and reward him with a treat. You will find s lot of great info here and just ask any questions you have.[/QUOTE

Thank you for your help! I've been combing him little by little every day. He still doesn't like it and tries to get away, but hes calming down a little. As of now he is eating blue buffalo brand dry food with half a can of wet food a day too. Once he gains a little more weight I'm going to get him groomed. I'm just afraid hes too thin to keep himself warm just yet. I just got some detangler and it works really well! The only thing is he HATES the spray sound. It scares him every time, but on a positive note it makes him smell sooo good! I think he's adjusting well so far. Thanks again!!
ArchiesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!