View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Oh wow brings back memories, the moss trees are an amazing site to see. We went with my daughter's Girl Scout troop !! We went there with monies earned from about three yrs of cookie sales and odd jobs. It is the birth place of the founder of GS. Her home is still there, very interesting and minutes away from the park where scenes from the movie Forest Gump was filmed. (Loved it) Nice opportunity for some pics and a sit down. Lots of shops within walking distance of down town area. You must go to River Street, the shops are amazing and the walk from one end to the other viewing all of the historical building is awesome. It is on the river plus you can schedule a boat ride to watch the dolphin. Oh and if you are a big Paul Deen fan like ME.... she's from Savannah GA ... wish I had known that at the time. I might have done some stalking !

April 30: Deen Family Book Signing Join Paula, Bobby and Jamie for a book signing at Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House in Savannah from 10 am to 12 pm. Only 350 tickets will be given out starting 1 hour before the book signing. No cameras permitted; a professional photographer will be on site to take your photo.

Lady and Sons Resuraunt: Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons Restaurant - Savannah, Georgia

River Street: River Street Savannah

Forest Gump: Chippewa Square Movie Locations Guide: Forrest Gump Forrest Gumps Bench Filming Location

We left Savannah and went to Stone Mountain, GA were we rode on the River Boat and than went to Stone Mountaine Park. Beautuful parks filled with all types of things to do. They have a trolly (Summit Skyride) up to the top of the mountain and at night they have lazershows that was Amaizing, it brought tears to my eyes.

* Defenatly worth the 5 hr trip from Savannah plus it was on our way home. (there are camp sites available right at Stone Mountain)

Stone Mountain Park: Stone Mountain Park: Georgia theme park and camping in Atlanta

I'm headed to Charleston SC on May 5th to welcome my first Great Niece into the world. It's a 12 hr. trip from Ohio. Let me know if there were any MUST SEE or DO things that might interest me, when you return from your trip.

Be safe and have fun !

Last edited by dawn27; 04-13-2012 at 02:36 PM.
dawn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!