View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #13
KeiGirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by My lil friend View Post
Having a young yorkie is like having a 2yr toddler in your house. When Mina was doing all of these things I put her harness on her and attached her leash to my belt loop,held her in my arms and kept her in the expen on a tile floor. I also told the other people that I live with "If you value your things,dont leave them in the floor,you are the big human and she is the tiny puppy baby". They cannt get angry that she chewed up something if they left it in the floor. I still walk my house 4 or 5 times a day and just pick up little stuff. Mina also wears a collar with a bell. I do not use this for her leash,it could damage her throat.
I make it my business to know where each of our dogs are at all times. If I leave the den and go to my room,everybody goes with me. If I move to the sewing room,everybody goes with me. If I am watching tv,noone is allowed to leave the den. I did the same thing with my children when they were really small.

She has a bell on her but not everyday. I watched her this time when the alarm went off to get my daughter up for school. She didn't find anything but she was trying to destroy the lid on her kennel again. She stopped when she heard me telling her no. I've been checking for things she could get into. Lately, it's been my husband things she was getting into. I have to go behind him and pick up his important stuff from his side of the bed. On one of his work shift days, he gets in from work at 11pm after 15 hour shift and just crashes. I'm normally asleep by that time. As well Mya. So now when she play early in the morning I remove anything he could have left on the floor before I let her down with her toys.
KeiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!