Thread: sick puppy!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
torrysgirl
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default sick puppy!

hello, my husband and I just bought a new yorkie puppy on this past monday. The lady we bought him from gave us a bag of his food and told us to mix it with can food in the morning and just give him the dry food at night. well we didn't have any can food and couldnt get any until thursday, so we put a little bit of water in the dry food to moisten it. He ate a little bit of it tuesday but not a lot. He started throwing up wednesday evening. During the day wednesday he still didnt eat a whole lot. Then thursday I got him the can food. I mixed it with his dry food and he eat a couple bites then went and laid down. So I took out the dry food and just gave him the can food and he ate a few more bites then laid down again. He has been drinking water and peeing so thats good, but he hasnt pooped since wednesday. This morning (friday) he was still throwing up. I gave him some fresh can food and he drank the water and ignored the food, then he went and laid down. I called the vet and she had us bring him in and she gave him some dewormer and sent some home with us to give him in a week. She said if he is still throwing up to take him in tomorrow morning. When we brought him home he threw up twice and then drank some water. and now he is sleeping. It seems all he wants to do is sleep. He is only 3 months old so at first I thought all the sleep was normal. Now I am getting worried. Do you think there could be something seriously wrong with him? Or do you think he is just adjusting to the new home? Maybe the water in his food upset his tummy? I am not sure but I am really worried about him. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!
torrysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!