View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
ashley_
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Fear of Dognapping...

Is anyone else super paranoid and scared of their furbaby being dognapped? My BF and his friends seem to think I am nuts, but it is totally a real concern. We were sitting outside at a bar earlier tonight (last night? idk I don't sleep at normal times...) for my BF birthday and I had to go inside to the bathroom and had him hold Somi and when I came out there was some chick standing next to the table holding her. Somi gets scared in general when I walk off without her but she was shaking REALLY bad and I was standing really close to the chick hovering until she gave Somi back to me. I tried not to be too rude but made it obvious that I wanted her to hand her to me and Somi took awhile to stop shaking which she usually stops soon as she can see me close again.
I got mad at my BF and him and his friends were acting like I was crazy. Given there were very few people there at the time so it would be much harder to run off with her, but it could still happen. ESPECIALLY since after I said something my BF said the guy with the chick said something about how "expensive" she must have been.

I heard about the lady who got her yorkie stolen from a midtown bar in houston and it has made me extra paranoid especially since I am also in houston. I usually keep her in my bag strapped on my shoulder and I guess I will have to start sneaking her inside to go to the bathroom if he isn't going to be as careful. The only time I ever let her out of my site when we aren't at home is in my office or lab where either (a) she is locked in when I leave for a minute or (b) she is in the room with people that I trust or have no where to hide if they tried to run off with her while I run to the bathroom really quick. This happens very rarely and I only do it if she looks very comfy and asleep and I am just running to do something where I would be gone for like less than a minute.

But I'm not just being crazy right? Or at least not more crazy than other yorkie owners/(people who have any dogs that they love like babies)??

I get nervous enough about people just trying to pet her and putting their hands in her face. I don't know where their hands have been...
I don't know what I would do if someone ran off with her...she is so quiet she would be impossible to find in a crowd...makes me sick just thinking about people stealing loved ones.

I never had this fear as much with Joli because she is very loud and would more than likely never go with someone especially if she could see or hear me. But Somi will just shake instead of cry....I'm so upset and rambly just thinking about the possibility of one of my girls being stolen. Trying to rehome Joli is hard enough knowing that I will only let her go to people who will love her just as much as I do and will treat her right, I just can't imagine either of them ending up with a thief. ( I literally feel sick to my stomach right now thinking of people who do stuff like this....ugh. I'll stop rambling now or I may never quit.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!