View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
KeiGirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymae View Post
Is she fully vaccinated ? if yes then she needs to be walked daily possibly 2 or 3 times. Also she should not be allowed full run of the house when she can't be monitored at ALL times. She is a puppy just like a toddler they need constant supervision & she needs lots of toys that are safe to chew on as she is teething & NEEDS to be able to chew. When you take away something she is NoT allowed to have you need to put it Out of her reach & give her a chew toy that she is allowed to have. An x-pen is a wonderful thing for puppies as it keeps puppy safe as well as your belongings.

Yes, she is fully vaccinated. She does run around but it's when I'm looking. She starts running out of nowhere. I mean she would just be playing and just up and takes off. Once she bumped into something. She has lots of toys. I put them out for her every morning. She plays a lot with her toys. I put them away at night. She's in my bedroom mostly because my daughter tends to leave her door open and it's definitely not safe in there. I do have a child-proof gate up to keep her from wondering around unattended. Most of the damage she's done has been in my bedroom. My husband gets home from work and just tosses his things to the floor on his side of the bed. He swears that his phone or lighter or ipod etc is in his pocket. I guess she's going into his pocket and pulling things out. Not to mention she did chew up his bank card. When she bit through my camera usb cord, she was in the bed with my husband. He wasn't even paying attention to her. I arrived home to see the evidence of her destruction. The problem it seems is that she has done most the damage early in the morning. I normally don't get up until it's time to take my daughter to school. I do get up to take her to restroom once or twice for peepee but I'm not really up until after 8. Now, my alarm goes off at 6:30am. She has gotten used to it, so when it goes off, I know she's already up. I try but can't stay awake before 8. So I put her in what I believed to be a safe area in the room with safe toys because she barks when I don't let her down when that alarm goes off. She sleeps where she can't get out without help. I had her in the kennel before at night without closing it but that didn't work. I think it might be that I need to take her out more. I feel guilty sometimes because a couple of times she looked bored. I was just worried about her catching something out there.
KeiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!