View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanahas3 View Post
Lol I think gum would be an easy one. Lola (may she RIP) one time got into a sticky spider trap lol. It took me over an hour of soaking her full coat and paw pads in warm soapy water and carefully prying it off to get her took care of.

YIKES!!! And I thought a gooey paw was rough!

I am not sure if you are aware, but sugarfree chewing gum that contains xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs. Xylitol: Common Sugar Substitute Xylitol Can Be Deadly for Pets I know a lot of pet owners aren't aware of this.
I work with a girl who didn't know and her kids left some gum laying on a table and her little chi got into it. It was too late by the time they realized she was sick. The vet did all he could but he wasn't able to save her.
It was devestating to her and her children. I banned all gum from my house.
Glad you were able to get the gum out of her paw...these little guys keep us on our toes, that is for sure

Thanks Jadabug for posting the info, I was aware of this I have a list of food that is dangerous to dogs, my DH always thought if its safe for me its safe for the dog until I showed him. So its good to make sure everyone is aware of this so thanks again
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!