View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btodd304 View Post
Ok i have a 9 month old yorkie, hes been potty trained for quite awhile now. During the day hes in an exercise pen with puppy pads, then when anybodys home we have bell training, where theres a bell on the door and he just hits it when he has to go outside. Its been working great no accidents or anything. Until now. About 2 weeks ago he started not going to the door at all to let us know he had to go out, so i was taking him out whenever i thought it was about that time, well i go to put his leash on him hed start to pee (scream) so id scould him and say no potty outside and most times hed stop peeing when id say no and id finish putting leash on and hed finish going outside. Well twice today doesnt go to door at all and ive taken him outside probably 10 times in the past 4 hours just to make sure there was no accidents and two of the times i say wana go outside we go to door and put leash and he just starts peeing and ill pick him up because hell usually stop and he just keeps peeing. I am just getting so frustrated and dont know what to do everything was fine nothings changed...i dont know if hes just being lazy and i dont know how to deal with the situation i tell him no and put him in his kennel this past 2 times because hes fully peeded in the house.

you said " i go to put his leash on him hed start to pee (scream) so id scould him and say no potty outside and most times hed stop peeing when id say no and id finish putting leash on and hed finish going outside. "

i think that now he was scolded he is afraid to go to the door . you cannot punish him for having an accident . dogs do not think like us. he is not lazy , i think he is just confused. he senses your frustation and it is making him nervous. just try to calm down. it is not the end of the world if he has an accident. yorkies take a long time to housetrain. when it is time for him to go out don't say anything , put on his leash , take him out to the same spot every time , then say "go potty", when he does tell him what a good boy he is.
you need to be consistent and do it the same way every time.
i went thru this with my boy , i did not think he would ever get trained but he uses his litterbox 100 % now...
just be calm and have patience..
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!