View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
LovemyLilly
Yorkie Talker

Default Possible Lymes disease?

Hi all. So I posted on here a few weeks ago regarding Lilly. She was recently diagnosed with microvascular dysplasia and has been put on liver protective medication in addition to low residue dog food and probiotics. On Saturday we came home from a run and Lilly was shivering. We thought she might be hungry so we gave her her dinner and some chicken broth with water ( with the wet food and baby food she doesn't drink water all that much so we mixed it with broth to get her to drink). She ate And drank and stopped shivering. Later on we noticed that she was having difficulty climbing her doggie stairs. She would attempt to go up but had a hard time. Once she was up she was hesitant Togo down as well. We also noticed she had been licking her front paw a lot. Sunday she seemed a little better but still had some hesitancy on the stairs. I tried to touch her and didn't hear any whimper or whining. Today the dog walker came by and she noticed Lilly seemed off. She was shaky again and when the walker went to pet her she backed away which is unusual for her. I called the. Et and were going tomorrow but I just wanted to hear thoughts. She's usually so active and she's quite lethargic. Side note she's been eating peeing and pooping normally. Also she gets interceptor and frontline every month like clock work. She's only 2 and we live in white plains ny. Lilly is never in woods etc. she just goes for walks around the block. Both the vet and the walker seem to think it might be Lyme disease. Any thoughts/ experiences would be very much appreciated. Thanks
LovemyLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!