Thread: First vet visit
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportschick View Post
I bought PetPlan insurance and they do cover the patella BUT there is a 6 month waiting period. Now that I have gone to a vet who diagnosed her, they won't cover anything that has to do with her patellas. Unless I can wait until September and go to a different vet and not say that I went to one already.

I just feel like surgery should not be pushed on a dog just like it shouldn't be pushed on a human ESPECIALLY if there are no symptoms at all. I have been researching the surgery and sometimes the dogs have more problems after it. Just like people have problems after surgery. Any kind of cutting open of the body should only be done as a last resort. I just don't believe in going through surgery unless it is absolutely necessary because it can cause other problems like adhesions, arthritis, etc. It is almost like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't with this problem!!

As far as the heart thing, the vet didn't even talk about it after she initially said something.

Plus, if her baby tooth doesn't fall out, she will have to be put under anesthesia and have it pulled. If I have to do that then I will take her to the vet in New York that the breeder uses for her dogs. He has a lot of experience dealing with little dogs. I would rather drive 7 hours and have it done by this guy.

The whole experience just sucked and was expensive.
I know that surgery does not work 100% but I have only heard good results on here. They say when done soon enough it prevents arthritis. There is no other thing that can be done for LP especially if they are in pain because if you keep them on pain meds for an extremely long time that will take its toll on them as well. I would not let a heart problem just sit and wait I would not be able to sleep or even think right if I thought something was wrong with Callie's heat I would have to get a second opinion. I personally would not go to the vet the breeder used because you never know if there could be some under the table dealings.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!