View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondai View Post
It's all about what different cultures find acceptable I suppose.
I agree and that picture doesn't even looks as bad as some puppy mills I've seen. I'm sure the people of India have a hard time getting use to the fact that we eat cows. For me, the most important thing, is how we treat them, and also how we slaughter them. I do believe that we can raise and slaughter animals humanely. By the way, the dogs that the Koreans use for human consumption, are not dogs that are sold as pets. Also, the people of South Korea are frowning on using dogs for food, so this is something that is mainly done in North Korea.
Quote:
In recent years, many Korean people have changed their attitudes towards eating dog meat from "personal choice" to "unnecessary cruelty." Animal rights activists in South Korea protest against the custom of eating dog meat.[18] A recent survey by the Korean Ministry of Agriculture showed that 59% of Koreans aged under 30 would not eat dog. Some 62% of the same age group said they regard dogs as pets, not food.[17] Many young Koreans think those who eat dog are an anachronism.[17] Although early Western media reports stated that some dogs were beaten to death,[19] the dogs are not butchered in that way these days[10][17] and usually instantly killed by a blow with an electric rod.Dog meat consumption in South Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Join today and remove this ad!