Thread: First vet visit
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

I bought PetPlan insurance and they do cover the patella BUT there is a 6 month waiting period. Now that I have gone to a vet who diagnosed her, they won't cover anything that has to do with her patellas. Unless I can wait until September and go to a different vet and not say that I went to one already.

I just feel like surgery should not be pushed on a dog just like it shouldn't be pushed on a human ESPECIALLY if there are no symptoms at all. I have been researching the surgery and sometimes the dogs have more problems after it. Just like people have problems after surgery. Any kind of cutting open of the body should only be done as a last resort. I just don't believe in going through surgery unless it is absolutely necessary because it can cause other problems like adhesions, arthritis, etc. It is almost like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't with this problem!!

As far as the heart thing, the vet didn't even talk about it after she initially said something.

Plus, if her baby tooth doesn't fall out, she will have to be put under anesthesia and have it pulled. If I have to do that then I will take her to the vet in New York that the breeder uses for her dogs. He has a lot of experience dealing with little dogs. I would rather drive 7 hours and have it done by this guy.

The whole experience just sucked and was expensive.
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!