Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #9
sbgooljar
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I feel so awful for Sweet Pea and her momma...it is such a heart wrenching, gut turning thing to loose one of these precious little souls, especially in events like this. Seems I have been reading of several babies that run out an open door, and either become lost or are killed. I want to just share a little idea/tip....nothing will bring back the babies already gone, but maybe it will keep another baby from meeting this same fate. While it is not "glamorous" and certainly wont make "House Beautiful", it ceretainly gives me peace of mind. Through the extensive use of baby gates throughout my house, my dogs are kept isolated away from any doors, especially the front door.....they are kept in my sun room, and should they get thru the baby gate separating the sun room from the Great room, they would have to get through another gate between the Great Room, leading into the foyer....I have a horror of a visitor or guest or service person, going out the front door and leaving it open, and one or my babies darting right out into the street. I also crate all my dogs when service people or young children come to the house....These solutions work for me...wont work for everyone for any number of reasons, but it certainly gives me peace of mind. My prayers go out to Sweet Pea's grieving family.
I totally agree with you -- the gates may be an "eye sore" but it sure gives me peace of mind.

May this sweet baby rest in peace and may her mommy take comfort in the memories they made together.

Romeo and Sujata
sbgooljar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!