View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
ollie and me
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default split personality?

We adopted Oliver about a year ago. He was a little over 6 months old. He may be a silky, he's changing as he grows. He is about 9-10 lbs now. Our other rescue, Quincy weighs 70 lbs. They are best buds, of course. When I walk Ollie by himself he is the sweetest thing to people and other dogs. When we walk the dogs together, which is most of the time, it is a whole other thing. If a strange person or another dog comes into view, Ollie goes bananas. Barking, squealing, and he goes after Quincy, growling and snarling. Attacks him! QUincy pretty much ignores him or bats him away with one paw or he rolls over and lets him have his way with him. I have started to train him away from the behavior, Pulling him back, scolding, stopping the walk until he settles. It works for a moment. But tonight, my husband was walking them together by himself and Quincy barked at a dog and Ollie bit Russell's leg. Well, he would have if his mouth was big enough. I think we can train him, but it would help to understand what the heck is going on in his little head. We really enjoy our morning walks now that SPring is here. I hate to lose that.
Any ideas?
ollie and me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!