View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I really LOVE Fromm. I'm pretty sure they are my #1 fav company. The only reason I am not feeding them right now is because the last time we tried, Jax got itchier than usual.... once the food stopped, the itchiness stopped. And he got very runny eyes on Surf and Turf. I think there's just a combo of certain ingredients in their foods that maybe don't agree w/ him (barley, flaxseed, brown and white rice, etc). Just a guess from different trials. But I have a coupon for a free bag and I am going to try their new Gamebird recipe and see if he likes it, he tends to do well on duck and lamb meats.

He's doing fantastic on Acana Singles line (duck, and lamb) at the moment though, so not really wanting to change.. doesn't even need the wet food mixed anymore, and his poops have been awesome!! (LOL) but yeah, Fromm is my FAV company and I only wish they offered a more simple formula-food with bigger kibble! Surf n Turf is TEENY and Jax doesn't like it, LOL.

Here's the Acana lamb & apple ingredients, and I like that they are very simple, only one protein source, but still high quality and only one grain (oats).

Lamb meal, deboned lamb, steel-cut oats, peas, whole apples, whole potato, sunflower oil, oat flakes, lamb liver, sun-cured alfalfa, whole pears, algae meal (source of DHA, EPA), pea fiber, sweet potato, pumpkin, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, spinach, cranberries, blueberries, kelp, chicory root, juniper berries, angelica root, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, lavender, rosemary, plus premium vitamins and minerals.**

** For a full list of vitamins and minerals, please visit championpetfoods.com

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude protein (min.) 25 %
Crude fat (min.) 16 %
Crude fiber (max.) 4 %
Moisture (max.) 10 %
Calcium / Phosphorus (min.) 2.2 % / 1.4 %
Omega-6 / Omega-3 (min.) 2.5 % / 0.5 %
DHA / EPA (min.) 0.2 % / 0.2 %
Glucosamine (min.) 700 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate (min.) 500 mg/kg

CALORIE DISTRIBUTION
Metabolic Energy is 3505 kcal/kg (421 kcal per 250 ml cup) with 27% of energy from protein, 40% from fat and 33% from fruits, vegetables and steel-cut oats.

Last edited by Britster; 04-07-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!