View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
SPANCHOU
Yorkie Talker

[COLOR=Red]I FOUND SOME INFO FOR YOU I BELONG TO ANOTHER FORUM THAT IS ABOUT ANIMALS

http://www.pets.ca/forum.COM

I bought a product from my local Vet called Strongid T, He really didn't give much Information to me other than how to treat and administer the solution to my cat's.
I looked online but everyone wants to sell it and not tell you the perticulars.
What is Strongid T and how affective is it?

Strongid T®

Rx
Pfizer Animal Health
Parasiticide-Oral
(pyrantel pamoate) Equine Anthelmintic Suspension
NADA No.: 091-739
Active Ingredient(s): STRONGID® T is a suspension of pyrantel pamoate in a palatable caramel-flavored vehicle. Each mL contains 50 mg of pyrantel base as pyrantel pamoate.
Indications: For the removal and control of mature infections of large strongyles (Strongylus vulgaris, S. edentatus, S. equinus); pinworms (Oxyuris equi); large roundworms (Parascaris equorum); and small strongyles in horses and ponies.
Pharmacology: Pyrantel pamoate is a compound belonging to a family classified chemically as tetrahydropyrimidines. It is a yellow, water-insoluble crystalline salt of the tetrahydropyrimidine base and pamoic acid containing 34.7% base activity. The chemical structure and name are given below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended Initial Vaccination Age
We routinely give Strongid T (roundworm medication) to kittens, because roundworms are transmissible to people, especially young children with poor hygiene habits.
SPANCHOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!