Thread: Itchy skin
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Florabug
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Itchy skin

Hey guys,
My little 6yr old 5 lb Chloe has some problems with her skin. She has always had issues with itchy skin a few times a year, but lately it has gotton alot worse. I see her just trying to chew the back of her leg off and I look and she has these little hot pink bumps and patches on her. She gets them all down the back side of her back legs and around the base of her tail. She sits and barks at me because she cannot scratch it and is frustrated. I have this shampoo the I got from the vet, chlora??? something. It is a antibacterial, antifungal, etc. for skin problems. Bathing her in this usually helps, but this flair up has lasted for over a month. I feed my babies Flint River Ranch dog food and grain free organic canned food. So I cannot imagine that it would be a food allergy. I have been applying cortisone cream to these areas and it gets better, but comes right back. has anyone had any issues like this with their dogs?? I will probably have to take her to the vet. I just wonder if this is some kind of allergy?
Florabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!