View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Taryn0405
Owned by a Gremlin
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post

DH and I were together for 6 yrs before we got married. Lived together for 5 of those yrs. We didn't have a elaborate wedding or even a honeymoon. Didn't have the money for it. The important thing was we were finally Mr and Mrs. Miller. It was the happiest day of my life. I didn't get the romantic proposal, the wedding or the honeymoon that I had always dreamed about. I didn't get a 4 ct. diamond ring nor was my father there to walk me down the isle. But I did get my knight in shinning armor. There were no bells and whistles to speak of just a "promise". He's my best friend and my soul mate and that is better than any feeling in the world.

A funny story about us is I was 19 at the time, we met on his 20th b'day and Four months into our relationship he says to me "If your lucky. I'll marry you some day".... I was speechless which doesn't happy very often. It was dark out and I just sat there with the biggest grin on my face with a tear rolling down my cheek. I thought to myself... this is it, he's the one I've been searching for all these years. We've been together ever since! Almost 27 yrs... we've grown up together and we've grown closer as each year passes.

I hear ya on the honeymoon part and the big wedding. I think we had 75 people at ours. My in-laws refused to pay for anything so it all came out of my husband's and my pocket as well as my parents. While my brother and cousins when they got married went on elaborate honeymoons, my husband and I were trying to fix up or house and pay for a sick puppy...

Made us closer though...And I wouldn't have traded those hard years for anything.
Taryn0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!