View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
trose
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad My teacup, 2 lb. Yorkie has Parvovirus

Sophie is almost one year old. She is currently in a good Vet. Hospital here in Phoenix, thank goodness. The inoculations given by the breeder unfortunately have shown to be ineffective. My little 2 lb precious baby has been in critical condition due to Parvo. She is stable now after spending the last five days in the hospital throwing up and diarrhea. The doctors are busy working miracles trying to save her life. Please pray my baby survives. She is my life. I am a new member, wish I found this site when I first adopted Sophie. This is her second trip to the hospital. The first time was just 3 weeks after her adoption. This was an out-patient visit when she had a bacterial infection (from picking up old cat poop on the side of our fenced in yard.) She quickly got over this infection. She stays inside and my home is very clean and our yard is so nice but she snooped around until she found this old cat poop next to the fence, hid by the grass from our eyes.

Now I'm praying I'll be bringing her home within a few days if she continues to improve. The doctors said she had the worse case of parvovirus they have ever seen in a dog plus with her being so tiny, she is a miracle baby. Sophie is a fighter. If the breeder did vaccinate her, the serum was not effective.

When she gets well, we'll make sure she receives all her innoculations especially . She is such a tiny baby and so delicate. But she is fiesty and bosses the big dogs and she is so independant. When she does what I tell her to do, she pauses and later does it on her own time as if it's her suggestion, lol. She is my first Yorkie and I'm hooked.

Please pray for my spunky little girl who is busy fighting for her life.

Thanks to all for suggestions, advice and comments.

TRose
trose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!