View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
jnsdrexler02
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Poor Bella and you! I hope she feels better soon. Is she a pup? If so, things do get easier in some ways as they mature.

There is no perfect chew treat unfortunately. They all have one danger or another. I have heavy chewers and I have to supervise them so closely that I hold the dogs and the chew treats while they work on them.

Relative to chewing on things around the house -- work with your kids on keeping things out of reach for the safety of your pup (I know training humans can be just as hard as training dogs, whether the human is 5 years old or 75 years old). Work with you pup on training to "drop it" or to exchange naughty things for treats. If the dog is chewing on furniture or walls or that sort of thing, train with a "no" or "uh uh uh."
I have very heavy chewers also and recently had to take away "most" of their chew sticks. Rylee was having issues with digestion and the chew sticks certainly weren't helping! I let them have certain ones but I also hold on to them so that I can monitor. I went in to a pet store and asked them which ones were the more "digestible". They told me to stay away from rawhide!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!