View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
CesarTheGreat
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
With that much diarrhea and 6 pound dog, I would be very concerned about dehydration. Check him gums and tongue to make sure they are moist and pink. Is he lethargic? I would go to the ER if he is, or if his gums are pale and sticky.

If not, do you have Nutri Cal or white Karo syrup on hand? I would have one of those just in case and directions to your nearest doggy ER.

I would call your vet first thing in the morning. This sounds like more than a Frontline reaction.

Keep us updated.
Not at all lethargic, he does his usual bringing me the rope and fetching it until I stop playing and as we speak he is up and running up and down the hall because somebody has just pulled up.

Also as we speak, I just let him in and found another puddle of poop down on the stairs, so now this is 2 days of straight constant diarrhea.

Also since coming in I notice he has more wet poop on his hair so it's evident he went again outside.

His gums and tongue are good and wet.

He has a lot of energy and is running around but I am not going to be fooled thinking he is ok cause his energy level is up.

I am going to have to take him to to the vet tomorrow now I am getting worried.
CesarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!