View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
CesarTheGreat
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Frontline side effects?

Cesar started itching on Monday, which was right on time as it had been about 6 months since the last time he had his frontline dose. Frontline calls for .67ml for a dog up to 22lbs but I do .50ml because he is only about 6 pounds or so.

Anyway, I give him his dosage of Frontline Monday night and the next day I come home and he pooped all over my bed and a few feet from there he had vomited and it looks like he licked it up.

So I take my comforter outside and hose it off and wash it, and I let him outside with me and I watch him.

He has more diarrhea while he's outside and goes twice in the 10 minutes we're out there. I'm thinking he maybe ate something but to my knowledge he did not, just the same blue buffalo he has been eating for months.

So we come in the house and I'm sitting down, and he doesn't let me know or give me any sign, but I hear what sounds like Jeff Daniels toilet scene from Dumb and Dumber. I'm thinking "No way that came from my dog."

I get up and go down by the basement steps to where he is, and sure enough a puddle of poop with no solid to it whatsoever.

So I'm cleaning up more runny poop, meanwhile it is all over his hair and he is roaming the house.

So I give him a bath and hope the worst is over. Well I am awoke at 2am to the horrendous smell of crap once again so I get up to investigate, and I walk right into another puddle of runny crap, and oh yeah the smell was cause it was all over him and he had jumped into bed with me, so now my blanket is dirty once again, his butt is covered in poop, and I have a puddle of it on my floor and on my foot.

So I am cleaning everything at 2am and giving him a bath to clean his behind.

Now today is wed. and once again I come home to a puddle of poop on the floor, but that was earlier in the day.

He hasn't done it again since then, but he has farted constantly and it has the entire house smelling.

I am wondering if this is a side effect of the front line, or if something else is wrong with him.

No changes in demeanor and he does not appear to be sick. He runs, plays, alerts when people are outside, etc... Overall he is his normal self.

I can't take anymore of this poop on my furniture, floor, feet, etc.. WTF is wrong with my dog?

I was also concerned with hydration. Will he replenish himself on his own with water?

I'm pooped. No pun intended.
CesarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!