View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxodoglover89 View Post
Recently, Sasha has started to become picky with her kibble again but I'm not resorting back to what I would've done 3 years ago which was to keep switching foods so she would become interested again. She eats Blue Buffalo Wilderness kibble and I'm extremely pleased with the results that its given her.

To start off, she gets Primal Raw in the morning and then her kibble at night. She went through a little spurt where she began throwing up bile so on some days, I'll feed her 3 meals as opposed to 2 depending on how active she is during the day. I was only feeding her 1/8 cup of kibble for dinner and had always wondered if it was too little, but she never had an issue with eating that amount so I thought nothing of it.

Now all of a sudden, she doesn't seem to want to touch her kibble but yet I know she's hungry and if she doesn't eat it, she'll end up throwing up bile later on. I cooked up some rice and added about 1-2 spoonfuls to the kibble and of course she has been gobbling it up ever since. My question is, would it be better to add some canned food as opposed to the rice or would it be ok to continue adding rice? Her kibble is grain-free and I've always preferred grain-free but she needs to eat lol and I don't want her to become chubby if that's what the rice will end up doing. Opinions?

Thanks!
What about home cooking for her? It's easy, they love it and you can manage weight without cutting down on portions. It's also healthier.
The Dark Side of Recycling
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!