View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
Brewfilek
YT Addict

that's a tough situation.

if i were you i would leave her for short periods of time to get her used to the idea that you leave....and come back....leave...and come back.

it's actually a good thing i think to teach at as young of an age as possible (as long as they aren't missing meals) to it's ok to be alone for a bit.

when we got Brew i took off a few days to get him used to his new life (about 4), but then i had to go back to work. i work 8-4 monday to friday, and i'm able to come home on my lunch break to let him out to pottty/play for 35 mins. the very first day my sister was able to come over and sneak upstairs just to listen and peak to make sure he was safe.

he's now 9 months old, and he is such a good boy when we leave. he doesn't go wild when we arrive home or when he leave. it's just routine. we leave..we come back. dogs do very well with routine. i didn't want to have a dog that was heart broken every time we left him be. that's no fun for anyone.

i'd let him stay with the neighboor if she is willing. i bet your pup would have sooo much fun with her other yorkies, and you know she is used to taking care of the breed as well. it's always hardest on the owners.

best of luck with whatever you deciede.
Brewfilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!