View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
We use some stretchy net stuff to hold dressings in place in the hospital....I will get the name of it for you....it is like a 50 foot long tube of this fish net looking stretchy stuff...we measure how much we need, to say, to hold a dressing on your forearm...we cut a piece maybe a foot long, put the heavy dressing over the whatever kind of wound on your forearm, then put this stuff on over the dressing like you put a sock on your foot. It holds the dressing in place (with no tape on the dressing for people that are allergic to tape)....You could put a sanitary pad over his "sprinkler system", and then pull this "elastic tube sock thing" over the sanitary pad...it would adjust to the babys larger rib cage area, cover the sanitary pad securely, and also fit snugly around his narrow waist area......
I've just recently bought some, I'm allergic to adhesives, this is a great product. I've seen it called "Tender Tape" there might be other names. It comes in a range of thicknesses. All Terrain, Tender Tape 2 in x 5 yards | healthdesigns.com - Your Health Is Here

Join today and remove this ad!