Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I'm so intrigued by Walt & Jesse's relationship. Ya know, sometimes Walt would piss me off, because I felt like he was being WAY too hard on Jesse. But then those few tender-like moments made me "awww" a little bit. *spoiler for end of season 2* When Walt went and got Jesse from that drug-infested house, and literally just held him and let him cry, I wanted to break down and cry, LOL.

And for a while, I thought Walt could do with or without Jesse. But now, after the last few episodes of season 3, I'm seeing the incredible bond the two have for whatever reason and I LOVE it. I hope (but don't tell me) that they show a little more of this side in season 4.

I can't decide if it's more of a father/son relationship... or teacher/student, or what. I know he described him as a "nephew" to Jane's dad when they were talking in the bar. So, IMO, he does look at him as some sort of family.

I don't know, but honestly amazing writing going on, and the fact that I can get angry, sad, or happy when one does something to the other, just shows how amazing this show is!
I totally agree. I find their relationship fascinating. Jesse, use to be a no good, high school dropout, druggie with absolutely no understanding of “details”. Walt, of course, understood that details were everything when it came to chemistry. Their relationship was not forged on mutual respect, but on necessity, so it’s like they were two opposites thrown together who ended up loving each other and yet never really knowing how the other one felt. I don’t think Walt has ever shown Jesse how much he cares for him, I'm not even sure he's aware of it.

So seldom do we see characters written with such complexity, they are neither good nor bad, they just are people making choices in some very crazy times. Anyway, the show keeps me on the edge of my seat, and yet it’s mainly about relationships.

Join today and remove this ad!