View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
mky
YT Addict

Kiko goes outside. It took maybe a month for her to be completely accident free.
At first it was taking her out when I thought she might need to go, after eating, when she woke up, before bed, etc. when she would go potty outside, I would give her lots of praise. I didn't give any reaction to accidents, just cleaned it up. At first, I kept her gated in the kitchen when she wasn't sitting with me or playing with me in the living room. But that was too much space and she would potty on one side of the room and sleep, eat and play on the other. I moved her to the hall off the living room so she had less space and she potty trained very quickly after that. I have the baby gates that have a solid plastic panel (I was worried she would climb the traditional style ones). One has a frosted panel, but the other is clear, so she could see us in the living room and we could see her too.
When she first started asking to go out, she would just sit by the door. So if she was running loose in the house, I had to have eyes on her every second. Now she will paw the door. If I don't notice, she will walk over to me and then back to the door. If no one has notice after that or she really needs to go now, she will bark at the door(doesn't happen very often).
mky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!