View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Karanngoroo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yelping, painful front paw/body and swollen stomach

I'm not sure if anyone can guide me... my 10-yo male started yelping for no reason a few months back. He also had patches of skin and hair on his back come out when being petted. We did not associate the two together and they still may or may not be related.

The vet on visit 1 for the skin gave us medicated shampoo. It did not help.

The vet on visit 2 checked mites, but saw nothing so gave us different medicated shampoo, drops of tresaderm and 12 days of antibiotics. It did help the skin a little, but there are still patches of raised dry areas that are losing fur.

When he starting yelping initially, we thought people were picking him up incorrectly. He has not been seen for this to date.

The yelping has increased in duration and times. He now yelps when lying down and not moving, when he walks sometimes he'll just stop and yelp, he yelps when anyone picks him up or brushes up against him. The area of tenderness seems to be around where the front legs meet the body. To me there seems to be some underlying swelling - feels like fluid sacks almost. There also is a swollen fluid feeling around the under side near the front legs.

Finally, last night Max got out of bed and went to sit on the steps in the hall. All alone, we found him sitting awkwardly with his left paw held up. We brought him back to bed, but he disappeared again. He will not eat. He just lays down and doesn't move from the bed pillow. I brought him outside and he went pee around 2:30pm.

Does anyone have any insights. Our vet does not open for emergencies on the weekends. I will bring Max Monday at 8am. Help please... I just have no clue what to do as he's always been quite fit and healthy.

Thanks for any guidance...
Karanngoroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!