View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Hope your baby is not suffering too much with these nasty allergies! Here is a little tip.... If you ever have a tiny little pill that needs to be divided, say into 1/4 of a tablet, to be sure you can give the correct dose, DISSOLVE the medication in 1cc of water. Then you shake the dissolved pill/water well, and you give the dose of 1/4 of a cc! I usually take a 3cc syringe, pull the plunger out, drop the tiny pill into the syringe, put the plunger back in the syringe. You can then draw 1cc of water up into the syringe, and let the tiny pill dissolve directly inside the syringe! Before you measure out the 1/4cc, put your finger over the end and shake the mixture up well. Then you just measure out 1/4cc into a little food....I use raw ground beef. I dont know if your baby is allregic to ground beef...you can use anything that you can hide the tiny amount of liquid medicine in. You can tell your vet an RN told you how to do this, and they can show you when you go into the office...they can even give you a couple of 3cc syringes! This is how we do tiny doses in the hospital when the pill is to be divided and is too small to get it accurately done with a pill cutter! (Most meds now come in liquid form, but this served us very well down through the years!)Refrigerate the rest in the syringe, end up of course!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifeandshaffer View Post
I agree with yorkiemom,,, I'm a dr for people not dogs, it is less common now that many rx come in liquid. Not long ago my dog needed mobic a pain reliever, it's hard to find in liquid, my dog didn't like pill form meloxocam so my vet told me the dosage,to turn the pill to liquid as long as you know the proper dosage I see no issues with it. My dog eats raw food, usually Stella and chewy or ziwi peak, but often I make him homemade raw, a recipe I think I got here on yt, he has never had an issue. I like to give meds in cheese or liverwurst my dog usually takes it without an issue.
These could be feasible solutions that a person could consider; if a person wants to consider it, it's always best to consult your vet just for confirmation. Never hurts to ask and confirm. I've learned a TON of helpful suggestions from YT members that my vet didn't think of. So have countless others here at YT.

If some disagree with their offering their suggestions, then do so; that's your opinion. Do it w/ a modicum of respect or civility. Don't turn it into a personal issue.

People are bringing their personal issues and comments ALL over this board lately - some of the comments are snide, nasty, sneaky, mean, and just on the safe side of not breaking the rules.

If this doesn't stop, we will start suspending people immediately.
This has pushed well beyond the limit; and no more leeway will be given. I will post a larger discussion on the General Board later today so this can be addressed.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!