View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 AM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifeandshaffer View Post
Cooper is about 4 pounds he gets 1/4 zyrtec it's hard to cut it that small but helps his allergies, I give every other day unless really bad then daily.
Hope your baby is not suffering too much with these nasty allergies! Here is a little tip.... If you ever have a tiny little pill that needs to be divided, say into 1/4 of a tablet, to be sure you can give the correct dose, DISSOLVE the medication in 1cc of water. Then you shake the dissolved pill/water well, and you give the dose of 1/4 of a cc! I usually take a 3cc syringe, pull the plunger out, drop the tiny pill into the syringe, put the plunger back in the syringe. You can then draw 1cc of water up into the syringe, and let the tiny pill dissolve directly inside the syringe! Before you measure out the 1/4cc, put your finger over the end and shake the mixture up well. Then you just measure out 1/4cc into a little food....I use raw ground beef. I dont know if your baby is allregic to ground beef...you can use anything that you can hide the tiny amount of liquid medicine in. You can tell your vet an RN told you how to do this, and they can show you when you go into the office...they can even give you a couple of 3cc syringes! This is how we do tiny doses in the hospital when the pill is to be divided and is too small to get it accurately done with a pill cutter! (Most meds now come in liquid form, but this served us very well down through the years!)Refrigerate the rest in the syringe, end up of course!.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 04-01-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!