View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
withchoco
Yorkie Yakker

Default Choco neutered - Tramadol?

Hello all,

Choco got neutered and microchipped this Tuesday (@ a little over 6 months) and it was heart-breaking to watch him lethargic on Day 1. I asked the vet to pull out any milk teeth, but it seems that he didn't have any baby teeth dangling.

I am so relieved to see him recovered and now it's challenging to keep him from running around.
Our vet prescribed 1/4 of Tramadol twice a day for the first 5 days. (Choco weighs 3 lbs.)
Choco seemed to be in pain on the first day, but since Day 2, it doesn't seem to bother him much. As instructed, I gave him the prescription yesterday, but he got so groggy from drug and slept through the whole day. I skipped it last night since he slept through the entire night.

It seems that Tramadol is only painkiller, not the anti-inflammatory, so I'm thinking about cutting Tramadol from Day 3. I am also aware that some vets don't prescribe any painkiller for neuter. Choco is wearing his e-collar, and I'm with him 24 hrs a day to check on him. Any advice on painkiller would be appreciated! (I should also call our vet to ask for his opinion, but it's not always easy to get through the phone at the clinic.)

Thank you!

Last edited by withchoco; 03-29-2012 at 08:05 AM.
withchoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!