View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
Won't keeping her in a diaper allow her to potty when ever and where ever she wants. How will that slove this?
I had no idea your dog was so young. What are you doing to housebreak your dog? I think your dog has way too much freedom, you say she peed on the couch; she really shouldn't be on the couch at that age, unless it's your lap, and as far a peeing all over the house, this is what untrained puppies do. Wearing a diaper is just plain wrong, it’s no substitute for housebreaking. We kept Joey in a crate overnight and and in the morning I would place him on a pee pad. At 4 months, you’ll probably have to take her out one time during the night. During the day, we kept him in an x-pen with several pee pads and his bed and food and water. We didn’t give him a chance to make a mistake. If he were out of the pen he was watched very closely and a pee pad was always close by. I really sounds like you little girl just has too much freedom and doesn’t understand where she should pee. By the way, Joeys breeder told me to ignore the mistakes and praise the success. Remember, if you punish them for mistakes, you’ll be creating long term problems that are harder to deal with. You really need to read about basic housebreaking, what your little girl is doing is probably normal. Maybe this thread can help you. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...ebreaking.html

Join today and remove this ad!