View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie's mom View Post
....Yes. Canines do not need the carbs in commercial dog food (kibble or canned). Their systems are not built to process it, so it sticks to teeth, and gives very little (if any) nutritive value. Raw bones should be porous (chicken, or small game), NOT weight-bearing or dense (beef) - better known as Rec (Wreck teeth) bones.
Well, I believe dogs may not "need" carbs, but they do in fact digest carbs if they are cooked. I don't really want to argue the merits of raw vs. kibble, but I would to know more about feeding raw bones occasionally. I'm still uncertain of their safety. I've read many different articles on which bones are safe for Yorkies; again, I don't think we have enough information to be 100% sure. I have been giving my boys Bison back ribs which I guess would be similar to cattle, on the recommendation of a Yorkietalk member, and they have a small bit of meat on them. The boys can't really eat the bone, but do enjoy chewing on it for hours. Joey had a bad experience with a chicken neck bone, he try to swallow it whole, and we haven't given him anymore chicken. What part of the chicken do you give?

Join today and remove this ad!