View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 05:43 AM   #6
yorkieskater
No Longer a Member

Default I'm nervous searching for a dog

Yikes! I could never be a breeder and have to go through that. I've been so nervous just searching for the pup that I want. I had specific things that I wanted from the breeder. I called two people from the paper and they were insulted that I would ask questions about there lines and health and what they feed and so on. I did most of my questions by email. I figured, if the breeder was really interested, he/she could respond to the questions he/she wants to. I had some breeders say they were impressed with my knowlege and research and some I could tell thought I was crazy.
I found one woman who seems so nice. She emails me a lot (I think my pup is in this litter). I am STILL nervous even after hearing good things about her because I have never done this before. Especially because she lives 5 hours away and I have not got to meet her or her dogs in person yet. I had a nightmare about it last night.
Anyways, price was never an issue. She will probably be over $1,000 but she hit most of what I wanted on my list (well, that is if she is being honest I have no way to prove it) and she seems to have a good reputation. I am VERY limited in my funds and $1000 is A LOT of money to me. I am going to have to give up some other things this year because I don't want to drain my savings. I will pay the price for what I want and my house is just too empty to not have a Yorkie here. Following my dreams without my furry buddy next to my side just doesn't seem right so I decided that it is worth it for me to spend the $$. My first questions weren't even about money. That was the last one.
suzie
yorkieskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!