View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

I'm sure she'll be fine, but I copied this for others who may read this:

This post is in response to the death of my dog Chelsea. My dog was a healthy border collie mix. She had shown no signs of any illness until one night I come home to find her lethargic at the bottom of the stairs. She could not move or stand up. Thankfully we have a 24 hour vet nearby. She was taken immediately and given a check up and had blood work done. The blood work came back with high spikes in her liver enzymes which the vet said was due to something that she ingested. The only thing that that had been introduced to her diet recently was Waggin Train chicken jerky treats. I had been feeding them to my dog for a few months (she loved them). I immediately stopped feeding her the treats. After being off the treats for a week she had another round of blood work and her liver enzymes started to return to normal. We had 1 more round of blood scheduled in 2 weeks to make sure that her liver has returned to normal. But unfortunately Chelsea did not live that long. I woke up on the morning of May 30th to her having a Gran Mal Seizure due to high toxin levels and she died in my arms. After her death I started researching Waggin Train Jerky treats and was amazed to find the large number of people that had posted instances of illness or death of their pet and they felt very strongly that the treats contributed to the illness or death. The FDA has issued an advisory concerning the feeding of chicken jerky products from China. Based on the fact that my dog had high liver enzymes and the vet attributed it to her ingesting something toxic and the fact that her liver enzymes started to return to normal after I stopped feeding her the treats I believe that the Waggin Train chicken jerky treats that I had been feeding her contributed to her death. I am not saying that every treat or every bag is dangerous but with them coming from China you never know what was added to them in the Chinese facility. My suggestion, stay away from them and you will also stay away from a $1000.00 vet bill like I had as well as the loss of a pet. JUST BEWARE. If you have experienced similar problems pass the word around. You can also file a complaint with the FDA. My suggestion is to do your own research, just Google waggin train jerky illness. You can read comments from other pet owners and make you own decision as to whether you want to feed this brand of treat or any other that is imported from China to your pet. I am posting this in memory of my beloved Chelsea and hope that the post will help to save the life of other pets. As consumers we should be able to question the safety of a product if we feel that it has caused harm. After my first post a friend that Lives in Las Vegas said that they had given their dog these treats and their dog had bloody diarrhea so they stopped feeding their dog the treats and their dogs bowels returned to normal.

Amazon.com: Waggin Train Chicken Jerky Tenders...Amazon.com: Waggin Train Chicken Jerky Tenders...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!