View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
WiL11o6
Yorkie Talker

Default My pup is bored with his food, need new recommendations!

I know this is already asked and is already over this forum but I'll ask here for a quick answer.

My yorkie is 6mo old and when I first got him, I was feeding him Wellness puppy for small breeds. He would be the happiest puppy and get so excited to see and eat his food, he would eat the whole thing in less than a minute. Recently, he is less than excited to eat his food, and in fact, he doesn't even touch it. We feed him on a timely schedule and we don't spoil him much with human food, just a couple treats here and there.

I went out to try new food. Bought a bag of Natural Balance puppy foods and mixed it in with the Wellness. Same result. I tried NB only, and he doesn't touch it unless I hand feed it to him, which I never had to do before. What I have done right now is I have a bag of Wellness treats. I grab one piece and break it up into tiny, tiny pieces and mix it into his Wellness/NB mix and he eats it up real quick. I'm assuming Wellness and NB tastes similar and it isn't tasty to him anymore. He gets no diarrhea or soft stool so the food is treating him well. He just doesn't enjoy eating it anymore.

I want to feed him healthy foods and I don't want to resort to cheaper alternatives for tastier foods. Any suggestions that are super healthy, but also delicious?

I looked at Blue Buffalo, but it seems kind of pricey, much more so than Wellness and NB.

Thanks
WiL11o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!