View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #38
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiefromnj View Post
My son's ex girlfriend had a yorkie who had a seizure-like episode. I forget exactly what happened but I know she had a little frothing and it her mom (mom was home with pup) called her frantically so I know it was very scary. I remember her being very weak and it took a couple nights in the hospital for her to be ok. It's been a couple years now, but it was scary. They ended up calling it a seizure and didn't find a cause. The girlfriend is pretty certain that Chloe may have bumped her head earlier that day on the foot rest part of the recliner that was raised. I just mention this because I think it is possible that a knock on the head could have caused it. Chloe never had another episode that I know of. I think it was during this time that they diagnosed her with mega-esophagus, unrelated to the seizure but they saw it on the x-ray. The esophagus was not causing her any problems, so they were lucky with that.
This is what I am thinking happened with Bentley...I wasn't in the room but, my Sadie 8+lber, jumped off of the chair and I BELIEVE she may have landed on Bentley causing him to bump his head...I am PRAYING this is what happened...He has been acting normal all morning...doing all the things a puppy does...AND he has eaten , now, 3 times, and he is fine...which I read/heard with liver shunt they can have an "attack" shortly after eating...still waiting to hear back from the vet

Thank you!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!