View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
RileyDC
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teegy View Post
Everything I have read suggests to be careful doing this because raw is broken down in their system in 5 hours kibble takes 14-24 hours for their body to digest.
And if you are working toward raw it's best to go 100% as it helps detox the organs and system.
I went from kibble to cooked chicken to raw
I had read that somewhere, as well.
I attended two separate seminars... one by a Primal Raw representative and one by a Nature's Variety representative. They both said it isn't a problem, although they did recommend if you are going to do it to do it at different mealtimes. But they also both did confirm what YT "Ann" had posted in a thread back in 01/12..... :

[The tummy can digest both raw and non-raw food at the same time. The tummy doesn't categorize things according to it's raw status; the tummy recognizes whether the substance is a carb, a protein, a fat, a toxin - and then processes and churns accordingly....moving the substances into the small intestine as they're ready.

Even if 2 foods have differing digestion times (whether they're raw or not), the stomach doesn't delay all digestion based upon the slowest food. It releases its enzymes that correlate with the specific food type, and food moves into the small intestine as it's ready to proceed in the process. Digestion doesn't get 'blocked' by one food that is slower, and then the slower food causes some sort of bacteria crisis. If that were the case, we'd sure have a lot of sick people and animals whenever they ate foods w/ differing digestion times, lol! Also, I'd think we see a totally different food pyramid that had to do w/ digestion times, rather than with types of foods.

An analogy for humans would be sushi...it's raw, and it's non-raw...and our tummy handles it as it handles other carbs, proteins, fats - in whatever form they arrive into the tummy.
]
RileyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!